Considering the intensity of rural communities in underdeveloped and developing countries, rural development is an essential element of Official Development Assistance.
The purpose and scope of the ‘Agriculture and Rural Development’ portfolio at WEglobal is to:
- Provide technical assistance to farmers to produce sufficient quantities of safe food while at the same time respecting EU norms on sustainability, environmental regulations, animal welfare, traceability etc.
- Provide farm businesses with support systems to help them stabilise their incomes in the face of less predictable production conditions.
- Facilitate investment in a sustainable, modern farming sector.
- Maintain viable rural communities with diverse economies.
- Create and maintain jobs along the food chain.
We contribute to the following sustainable development goals through the projects we carry out in this portfolio: