Employment is a significant factor in sustainable development. Apart from its impact on growth and prosperity, it is also very closely tied in with other issues, such as education and inclusion.
Our projects have addressed all aspects of the jobs market: bringing people into employment and retaining them; increasing the institutional capacity of stakeholders involved in the labour market; designing active labour market programmes to boost the employability of various target groups; expanding entrepreneurship to create more employment and/or enhance employability; and working with public and private vocational institutions to enhance the quality of the services they provide.
• Human resources development
• Anti-discrimination in the workplace
• VET and TVET
• Health and safety at work
• Employability of disadvantaged groups
• Employment and active labour market policies
• Legal frameworks
• Social (tri-partite) dialogue
• Social security