WEglobal has been awarded a project to provide technical assistance to the EU-Turkey Anatolian Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Institute.
The project is intended to improve intercultural dialogue between Turkey and the EU by protecting and promoting items of common cultural heritage and by strengthening civil society dialogue on such matters. It will improve access to the archaeological heritage and historical works of ancient Anatolian civilizations by identifying, preserving and promoting the shared values and common cultural heritage of the EU and Turkey through a number of collaborative activities.
Specifically, under this project WEglobal will:
- Launch the EU-Turkey Anatolian Archaeology Institute, including its library and laboratory.
- Create a digital network to share findings from excavations and other related findings, including with international networks.
- Increase the visibility of the EU-Turkey Anatolian Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Institute in international and domestic forums/ platforms.
- Prepare archaeological tour routes.
- Enhance the knowledge and expertise of the target groups through international experience gained through internship programmes.
- Strengthen the capacity of the institute and expand its collaboration with civil society organisations.
- Prepare an exit strategy for the project that leaves the institute robust and sustainable.
WEglobal is proud to be following in the footprints of history through this project. We are fully committed to successfully creating the EU-Turkey Anatolian Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Institute and firmly believe that the institute will contribute greatly to improving intercultural dialogue between Turkey and the EU and promoting their common cultural heritage by strengthening the civil society dialogue.